Monday, March 29, 2010

Another one of Kailyn's brilliant ideas!

I'm kind of known for getting really big, fabulous (?!) ideas. My cousins, and siblings found evidence of that just last week! We found a notebook with the brilliant ideas, rules, and guidelines of a club I had attempted to start....

Several years ago, I had an amazing idea to start a club with my cousins, (Annsley and Seth) and brother and sister, (Cade and Claire. Emily and Ashley weren't around yet!) I chose my title, "Kings Kids Writing and Reading Best Friends Forever Club" or KKWARBFFC.
The Kings Kids I got because we were Jesus (the kings) children. I don't know where the writing and reading came in, I think I planned to start something where we read a book and wrote something about it. Keep in mind, our ages range from 4-9 or so. The best friends part, well...I guess I thought we were all best friends! Later, Seth commented, "I'm not really best friends with you guys," so we were forced to change our title to, "Kings Kids Writing and Reading Club."

Well, we even got our own "government" together, with Annsley being the president, me being the secretary, and Seth being the vice president. We never could decide on what Cade and Claire would be. They went from the garbage men, to the prayer committee, to the spies?!
Anyway, we assembled some rules, 20 of them actually. I'll just write a few of them down because you'd probably fall asleep by the seventh.

Always obey all the laws (really?!)
All members of the club must practice the play at least once everytime we get together if possible (when we said must, we meant must. Even on January 1rst could there be no exceptions. By the way, we usually have next years play planned before that years is finished.)
You must have a trial before you are punished(we had a whole system of judges, punishments, and strikes.)
Don't bribe (I added rules like crazy. One time when I thought Cade was "bribing" Claire to do something for him, I added "Don't Bribe," and it got scribbled into the notebook.)
Don't blame (What are you supposed to do, "Who hit you?" "I'm sorry, I can't say I don't want to blame.)

Our strike system might be familiar....
1. warning
2. short talk outside (delivered by... you guessed it!)
3. trial with the three oldest counsel members (we managed to overlook the fact that a couple of the counsel members were often the ones in need of strikes.)

Our ideas for punishments were things like, "No playing with play mobile." or "We must wear costumes while we practice the play."

When somebody disobeyed I wrote this down in my notebook, "We are not doing this to be mean just to love others."

I compiled a purpose statement: (this is word for word, by the way.)

"This is not a club of rules, but a club of friendship. We may forget the rules but our friendship will last forever-" (added on the end,) "to glorify God and love one another."

Wow, if I was making up clubs like that at the age of nine, you'd better watch out in a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment