Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Front Yard and Little Sisters!


The other day Ashley asked me if she could play outside. "Run, please?" I obliged. I took her into the front yard and left her on the grass with the brief command to, "go, run." Whatever that means! Then I went to go shoot some baskets. I'm aiming at the basket when this frantic waving catches my attention. I underestimated the ability of a three-year-old to entertain herself by running back and forth across the lawn. I went over to her and consented when she asked to 'throw the ball.' I lifted her up to the hoop and she threw the ball at it. It bounced on the ground and rolled away. I set her down and she began to run after it. "Stop!" Oops, that doesn't do anything does it? I chase her, deposit her on the sidewalk and chase the ball. After I have caught both my fleeing ball and my sister I drop her off back at the house. Big, tearful eyes are the only thing that lets me, groaning, pick her up and send her off to "run" again. Three seconds later I'm lifting a giggling toddler up to the hoop again. This seems vaguely familiar. Needless to say she is promptly dropped back off at the house.

Moral of the Story: If you want to play with your little sister, do it in the backyard. The front yard is just too hazardous!

1 comment: