Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Sanchez family goes to the dentist

It's dentist time for the Sanchez family! Our family goes to Dr. Maloney's office. It's this little building, with two assistants and a very sweet receptionist. You hardly sit down, before the assistants come to take us two by two to get our teeth cleaned! The waiting room is very tiny, and our clan kind of takes it all up. The other day while we were waiting, a man walked in. He stopped, taking it all in.... big backpack full of stuff partially pushed under a chair, books scattered over the floor, Emily and Ashley fighting over a toy, me laying down on two chairs reading.... He sat down gingerly and looked extremely relieved when about two seconds later this smiling face peeked out from the other side of the door, "Are you ready for your appointment Mr. so and so?"

Well, today I was getting my twelve year old molars sealed so I went in at 7:30. I had just started a story in a magazine about a waitress saving a man's life, when the receptionist peeks around the corner. "Oh, my goodness Kailyn. I didn't hear you come in! I'm so sorry! You know we just got the door's hinges oiled, and so now I can't hear it when people come in and I could hardly hear it before, and....."

Well, Dr. Maloney came into my room. By the way, he always has this huge smile plastered on his face, so he's working on my teeth, and he has this smile!!! While he was working on my teeth he kept telling me everything he was doing. I mean, every single step! I like to know what's going on in my mouth, but not that much! When I was finished, he smiled even wider and said, "Thanks so much for your help, Kailyn. You really made it easy by keeping your mouth wide open!" (That would have been kinda weird if I just closed it!)

Overall he's a very nice dentist, and we were in and out of there in fifteen minutes, so I'm not gonna complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment